Let me count the ways....
1. We encourage our cusotmers to use travel mugs instead of disposable cups.
2. We offer ceramic cups for our guests enjoying their coffees in our cafe's.
3. We encourage the use of our vacuum sealed canisters for coffee storage. This eliminates the need for a plastic vented bag each week when you replenish your coffee supply at home. This amounts to about 52 bags a year for our average customer! Purchase our vacuum canister here, or in store.
4. Our wholesale restaurant customers have thir fresh beans delivered weekly in large vacuum canisters, this eliminates over 600 large plastic vented bags per year.
5. Our coffee grounds are available to small farms for compost.
6. We encourage the use of our reusable k-cup filters for those who have the "K" machines at home. Purchase our solofil filter here .
7. We strive to source Organic and Rain Forest alliance beans from around the globe. These farmers are more environmentally conscious.
8. 100% of all of our disposable paper and plastic products are 100% compostable. This one we are most proud of! Thes products are readliy available to all cafes and commercial businesses. Why don't more people use them? They are expensive, we think it is worth the expense!
Happy Earth Day Everyone!
Don't Forget Cars & Coffee is May 4th at 7:30-10:30 am at our Midtown location on PGA
We also have 2 new Fair Trade and Organic Coffees in store, one from Mexico and a new region of Sumatra. Come in and try it out!